Monday, January 24, 2011

Is There Someone Like This In Your Life?

Let me start by saying, I know I am really good at two things... I make good cookies and I am good at ping pong. Would I rather be really good at something else? ... SURE! I would love to be a REALLY good wake boarder or be REALLY smart or a REALLY good athlete, but I am grateful for my two talents.
Anyhow, Dustin got me a ping pong table for Christmas. It was a perfect gift and we have already gotten a lot of use out of it. On New Year's we had some good friends over to play. There were some guys that were very good! BUT, I was able to beat all of them and have continued to beat them since then. Dustin told me that I even became the topic of conversation amongst the guys at church, which gave me a little too much confidence.
My dad is not good at ping pong, he is GREAT at ping pong. Well, he is actually really great at a lot of things. He happens to be a REALLY good wake boarder, is REALLY smart, and a REALLY good athlete. I have probably played my dad about 500 games of ping pong in my life, and I think I have only beat him 3 times.
I thought for sure after playing as much as I have lately, I could beat my dad. He probably has not played in over a year and still whooped me last night... 3 times! Is there anyone like that in your life? Someone who can beat you at something, no matter how good you think you are?Someone who can always give you a serving of humble pie?

3 comments:

  1. You are funny. I didn't know you got a ping pong table. That is so perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! That's so fun that you got a ping pong table...do you guys still have the medal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "REALLY smart" comment about your dad is definitely up for debate!

    Stevo

    ReplyDelete